Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Just another quick glaze for chicken on the grill. You can make the glaze ahead, cover and refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks, if you like.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
This grilled chicken recipe goes directly into my best-of-the-best file. We loved the marinade flavor!! I also loved the bit of heat from the crushed red pepper (without it being overly hot). We just thought this was perfect. It's super easy to pull together, too. We used chicken legs and devoured them! Made for the Spring Pick-A-Chef event.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup marmalade or 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) chicken, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, marmalade, garlic, vinegar, red pepper, chili powder, and mustard.
- Heat grill to medium. Place the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect heat, close lid, and cook for 25 minutes. Brush the glaze over the skin and continue to cook, brushing once more with the glaze, until cooked through, about 20 minutes more.