Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
The name says most of it! But you should also know they will disappear quickly, so don't even worry about storing them! Adapted from The Nut Gourmet Cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup whole almond
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Mix the almonds, pecans, and walnuts in a small bowl and set them aside. Place the white sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a 10" nonstick skillet, mix well until combined. Add the corn syrup and turn the heat to medium high.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute, stir well for a couple minutes to combine the corn syrup and completely dissolve the sugars.
- Add the mixed nuts and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and the nuts are well coated. Move to a clean dish.
- When the nuts are cool enough to handle, separate the clumps, and allow them to dry for a couple hours. They will still retain their sticky surface, and you'lll have to pry them off the dish. But that's half the fun!
I doubled the batch. A very tasty snack. You were right prying them apart was half the fun. Made 3 cups, a batch for the kids, and a batch for us. A nice combination of nuts, a great snack, and will make again. Very, very simple to make. May make again tommorow. Thanks. W>C>