Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love gingerbread and I love this recipe though I leave the raisins out. I like slicing off a hunk of this to have with a mug of tea on my commute to work in the mornings. From Fine Cooking.
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Line bottome with parchment paper.
- Sift flour and ginger into a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in molasses.
- Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternately with eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in marmalade, then raisins and crystallized ginger.
- Transfer to baking pan.
- Bake cake until tester (toothpick) inserted in center comes out clean, about 38 minutes, depending on oven temperature.
- Cook cake completely in pan on rack.