This recipe is so lovely the gingerbread stays really sticky and moist but at the same time the cake is light not stodgy. I have no idea where the recipe came from as it has been a family favourite for years. I do hope you will enjoy this
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a square 9-inch cake tin and line with greaseproof paper/baking parchment (the tin needs to be quite deep as this cake can rise quite a bit!). Melt butter sugar & treacle over low heat; set aside to cool.
- 2Sieve flour baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ginger stir in milk, egg and treacle mix.
- 3Add apples with the lemon juice that the apples have been soaking inches Stir together gently pour into tin and smooth surface.
- 4Bake at 160°F/325°F/gas 3 for 30-35 minutes until skewer inserted comes out clean (may need as much as 10 mins more on top of this time depending on your oven).
- 5Leave to cool in tin then turn out cut into squares and kiss goodbye to any diet!
- 6This recipe is also yummy when the cake mix is spooned into muffin cases to make smaller individual cakes/muffins!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Gingerbread With Apple Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 331.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g