1/2 Photos of Sticky Gingerbread
1 hr 5 mins
Another cuppa?'s Note:
The earlier you take this out of the oven, the stickier it is, but make sure it is cooked! An incredibly moreish and arguably healthier desert, or as a coffee cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3/325°F.
- 2Line a 18cm/7in loaf tin with parchment paper.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together, before adding the 2 eggs and mixing in well.
- 4Next, add the molasses followed by the ginger powder and flour (sifted).
- 5Incorporate the chopped stem ginger and syrup into the mixture.
- 6Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk and mix in well.
- 7Pour into the loaf tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- 8Use a skewer to test, it should be clean but the cake should have some moisture when you press down on it, almost like a brownie.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ginger in syrup