2 hrs 10 mins
bevs kitchen's Note:
If left for a few days this gets sticky. But, can you dare to leave it that long? The aroma in the oven will tease you. Easy and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put flour, ginger, mixed spice, and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- 2Put the butter, black treacle, syrup, brown sugar into a pan and heat until fat has melted.
- 3Cool slightly and add to dry mixture.
- 4Mix in the eggs and enough milk to make a cake batter.
- 5Pour into a lined 7 inch square tin.
- 6Sprinkle with the almonds (optional).
- 7Bake in a preheated oven Gas 3 for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until firm to the touch.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9This gingerbread keeps really well, and will become softer and stickier the longer it is kept in an airtight container. But, will it last?
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 415.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g