When I'm making chicken wings I often try several different recipes using one 5 lb bag of wings. This recipe is what I normally use for my baby back ribs but thought- why not try it on chicken! The result was flavorful, sticky, yummy wings. The recipe is written for one serving (6 wings) since I used the rest of the wings to try other Recipezaar recipes with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 thawed chicken wings, washed and patted dry
For the rub
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
For the sauce
- 1Mix all spices for the rub and sprinkle over the chicken wings.
- 2rub into chicken thoroughly (you may want to wear gloves since the turmeric will sometimes stain your nails).
- 3Cover and place in fridge for at least an hour.
- 4Heat oil in deep fryer or large skillet to 350°F If using a skillet make sure your oil is hot enough to cause bubbles to form when you stick the handle part of a wooden spoon straight down into it.
- 5Deep fry the wings in the oil until golden, about 7-10 mins then remove from oil and drain.
- 6Let the oil come back up to 350F and then place your wings back in frying oil until cooked through, about 5 more minutes (depends on if you are using deep fryer or skillet).
- 7Preheat oven to 365°F.
- 8Meanwhile, place all sauce ingredients in small saucepan and heat over medium low just until sugar is melted and flavors are combined.
- 9Drain the wings on paper towels then toss in the sauce.
- 10Place wings on top of some non-stick tin foil on a baking sheet and place in oven
- 11Baste with remaining sauce every 5-7 minutes turning each time until wings are caramelized and sticky.
Browse Our Top For 1 Or 2 Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For 1 Or 2 Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Garlic Ginger Barbecue Wings
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 999.2
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 226.3 mg
- Sodium 2995.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 79.8 g
- Protein 58.4 g