I hope you're not counting your calories, because this is going to blow your diet! Very traditional for an Aussie dinner get together, cheap and it makes lots. Serve with ice-cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped dried dates (chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 90 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1In a medium bowl, mix the dates (use kitchen scissors to chop the dates rather than a knife), bicarb and water together. Set aside for 10-12 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time.
- 3Beat in the vanilla.
- 4Fold in the cooled date mix and the flour.
- 5Pour into a greased 20cm round cake tin.
- 6Bake at 180oC for 40-45 minutes.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes, cut and serve from the tin (it keeps it warm).
- 8Carmel sauce:.
- 9Place all the ingredients in a medium pot and stir over a medium heat until combined. Simmer gently until thickened (about 5 -8 minutes).
- 10To serve: pour over the pudding and let it soak a little before eating.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Date Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 592.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g