1/3 Photos of Sticky Date Pudding With Caramel Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This is oh so yummy for dessert that you will love. The caramel sauce is fantastic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 90 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- creme fraiche or whipped cream, for serving
For Caramel Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 180oC.
- 2Grease and line the base of 23cm deep round cake tin.
- 3Put the dates in a pan with 1 3/4 cups water, bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- 4Add the bicarbonate of soda and ginger and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Coarsley mash with a potato masher.
- 6Cream together the butter, sugar and 1 egg.
- 7Beat in the remaining eggs one at a time.
- 8Once the eggs are well beaten, gently fold in the sifted flour and spices, add the date mixture and stir until well combined.
- 9Pour into the tin and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- 10Cover with foil if over browning during cooking.
- 11Leave to stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.
- 12To make Caramel Sauce: Put all the ingredients in a pan and stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 13Simmer uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- 14Brush some sauce over the top and sides of the pudding until well glazed.
- 15Serve immediately with the sauce and a dollop of cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Date Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 483.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: