Recipe by mummamills
Variation of the old sticky date pudding, but easier to serve this way. I haven't frozen these, but I would imagine they would freeze ok, and then reheat in the microwave. These are nice warm or cold, with the toffee sauce poured over and cream for afternoon tea, and ice-cream for dessert :)
- 240 g seeded chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 300 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dates and water in a pan, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. let stand 5 minutes.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add all other ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin pan, any size, but cooking times based on normal muffin pan.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 20 minutes.
- Toffee Sauce:.
- Combine sugar and cream, stir over heat until the sugar dissolves, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve muffins warm or cold with toffee sauce and thick cream.