Recipe by Chef 821419 Maryann
Beautifully moist and yummy. A friend at work gave me this recipe. I hope you will be able to understand this recipe as it is in metric and I don't know how to convert to imperial measurements. I have not made this recipe myself as yet as I only received two days ago after my friend made it for us all at work. Since sending this recipe in I have mad the cake and it is so easy to make and it is so yummy and moist. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
- 250 g chopped dates
- 420 ml boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 85 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 small eggs (beaten)
- 300 g self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (sifted together)
Ingredients for toffee sauce
- 170 g soft butter
- 420 ml thickened cream
- 255 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over chopped dates and add bi carb soda, leave to stand.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. add 2 small eggs (beaten), mix until light and fluffy. Add self raising flour and baking powder mix.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch round tin. Bake 1 hour in 180°C oven.
- Remove, prick all over and pour over small amount of the hot toffee sauce.
- Toffee Sauce:.
- Melt all ingredients together gently until sugar has dissolved. boil 3 - 5 minutes.