Good Looking Cooking's Note:
A beautiful muffin that is easy to prepare and makes the most delicious and impressive dessert. A recipe from a Tupperware demonstration that I attended. Crunchy on the outside and moist inside - yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g pitted dates
- 1 medium green cooking apple, such as granny smith
- 80 g butter
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
ingredients for light caramel sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 180 deg celciuis. Place your silicone muffin form onto a metal tray.
- 2Cut the dates into small pieces with a kitchen scissors.
- 3Peel, core and quarter the apple, then cut into smaller pieces.
- 4Melt the butter in a microwave safe 1 litre jug for 1 minute on high.
- 5(800 watts) & set aside.
- 6Sift the flour & baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and coconut with a spoon.
- 7Whisk the egg and sour cream into the cooled butter.
- 8Using a spatula fold the fruit and wet ingredients through the flour mix until well combined.
- 9Spoon the mixture into your muffin form, filling each one to the top. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and firm. Allow to stand for 3 minutes before turning out.
- 10Serve drizzled with the light caramel sauce.
- 11LIGHT CARAMEL SAUCE.
- 12Combine the ingredients in a 1 litre microwave safe jug. Microwave for 4 minutes, uncovered, on medium high (650 watts), stirring regularly until the sauce lightly coats the back of a spoon. Serve warm.
- 14Work quickly once the wet & dry ingredients are combined. The quicker the muffin is in the oven, the better the end result. Do not over mix, however this particular mixture is very thick (to produce a nice sticky muffin) and does need a thorough stirring to combine ingredients. Will keep well for 2 days stored in an airtight container.
- 15I add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze to the caramel sauce once cooked- it cuts through the sweetness.
- 16For the sour cream I just add a teaspoon of vinegar to normal cream if I don't have sour cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Date & Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 808.2
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.3 mg
- Sodium 691.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 84.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g