Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade recipes. I picked up a package of cinnamon rolls from the grocery store's day-old rack and they worked great. Half price too! This is the first dessert I've ever made in my crock pot, but it won't be my last.
- 1 lb cinnamon rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) boxcook & serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Place cinnamon roll cubes, dates and almonds into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk together pudding mix, milk, almond extract and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over bread mixture and stir until bread is saturated.
- Transfer to crock pot and dot with butter.
- Cook on Low 3 to 4 hours.