Recipe by Kathy!!
Delicious sauce for coconut shrimp, egg rolls, skewered meat etc. Makes an impressive and authentic appetizer.
Top Review by Cadylynn
We have had this several times now and have made it with skewered chicken and coconut shrimp. Light and flavorful dipping sauce that has gotten rave reviews with our family and guests.
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and heat, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Boil for around 6-7 minutes or until a thin syrup has formed.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove most of the liquid.
- When the syrup has cooled, add the cucumber, red onion, jalepeno, garlic, peanuts and cilantro.
- Mix together thoroughly. Serve at room temperature with fried or boiled shrimp, coconut shrimp, egg rolls, meat sate etc.