Recipe by Mirj
A new take on an old favorite. I love having this for breakfast.
Top Review by Snow Pea
Well, I have made this three times in the last two weeks. The first time I made it, I set it on the back of the stove to rest a bit while preparing the rest of the meal. Kept eating the sauce with a spoon and making very weird sounds. Needless to say, I love it!! I had my sister (zaar member) in Florida look it up. She added raisins and loved it, too. The only thing I did differently was to slice the croissants vertically into 5 or 6 slices. Be sure to leave some of the croissant "ends" sticking up in the pan, they turn wonderfully crunchy as they absorb the sauce.
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 fluid ounces maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 large plain croissants, sliced in 3 horizontally
- icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the 425 degrees F.
- Heat the butter, sugar, maple syrup and honey gently in a small saucepan and stir until well mixed together.
- Heat the cream in another saucepan and reduce slightly then mix with the sugar and butter mixture.
- Place the sliced croissant in an ovenproof gratin dish and pour over the sugar and cream mixture.
- Bake in a hot oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar.