Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A new take on an old favorite. I love having this for breakfast.
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 fluid ounces maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 large plain croissants, sliced in 3 horizontally
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the 425 degrees F.
- Heat the butter, sugar, maple syrup and honey gently in a small saucepan and stir until well mixed together.
- Heat the cream in another saucepan and reduce slightly then mix with the sugar and butter mixture.
- Place the sliced croissant in an ovenproof gratin dish and pour over the sugar and cream mixture.
- Bake in a hot oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar.
Well, I have made this three times in the last two weeks. The first time I made it, I set it on the back of the stove to rest a bit while preparing the rest of the meal. Kept eating the sauce with a spoon and making very weird sounds. Needless to say, I love it!! I had my sister (zaar member) in Florida look it up. She added raisins and loved it, too. The only thing I did differently was to slice the croissants vertically into 5 or 6 slices. Be sure to leave some of the croissant "ends" sticking up in the pan, they turn wonderfully crunchy as they absorb the sauce.
Snow Pea is right! This is so good! Like Snow Pea, I made it and set it on the back of the stove to stay warm. I also had to eat some while finishing the rest of my meal, and I too made some weird noises! So weird, my husband came into the kitchen to see what I was up to! It is THAT good! I also soaked some raisins in rum and added them before baking. A must try! Thanks Mirj!
Very nice thank you.