1/3 Photos of Sticky Coconut Chicken With Chili Glaze and Coconut Rice
1 hr 25 mins
The recipe comes from "The Best of Sunset" and it's a delicious grilled thai style recipe. I usually double the glaze as it keeps in the fridge and is delicious with noodles or over any other grilled meat. I serve this with Don Mauer's Coconut Rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (canned (stir before measuring)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced (4 to 5)
- 1For Chicken:.
- 2Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a large bowl, mix coconut milk, ginger, pepper, and hot chili flakes. Add chicken and mix; cover airtight and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- 3Prepare Glaze.
- 4(Start rice when you start the grill or the broiler).
- 5Lift chicken from bowl, reserving marinade; pull thighs open and lay flat on a lightly oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill; close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning thighs as needed to brown on both sides, until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), 10 to 12 minutes, basting frequently with remaining marinade (use it all) until 2 minutes before chicken is done.
- 6Transfer thighs to a warm platter and pour the chili glaze evenly over meat; garnish platter with green onions.
- 7For Glaze:.
- 8In a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine ¾ cup rice vinegar, ½ cup sugar, 3 tbsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp hot chili flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, stirring often, until mixture is reduced to ½ cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Use hot. If making glaze up to 1 week ahead, cover and chill; reheat before serving.
- 9For Rice:.
- 10Bring coconut milk (reserve 2 tablespoons), water, garlic, and salt to a boil. Add rice. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. When rice is done, stir in reserved coconut milk, pineapple and basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Coconut Chicken With Chili Glaze and Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 844.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes
light coconut milk