Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an amazing grilled chicken recipe that is so easy and so really really good. It came out of Sunset magazine originally several years ago.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk (make sure and stir before measuring)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot chili flakes
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and 1 t of chilli flakes. Bring to a boil, and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 10 minutes). Use warm. Can be made up to 1 week ahead.
- Rinse and pat the chicken dry. Combine coconut milk, ginger, pepper and the rest of the chili flakes. Add chicken and marinate at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken, making sure to pull thighs open and lay flat on an oiled grill on high heat. Cook, turning as needed to brown on both sides, basting often with remaining marinade, until done - 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve with chili glaze and sticky rice.
Nice recipe. You can't really taste the coconut but overall the dish has a nice flavor.
this chicken is rich, but very flavourful!