Recipe by Wendy-Bob
Not very healthy but oh so very tasty! Mind you, my family loves anything that uses puff pastry so this was always going to be a winner! Best eaten on the day of baking.
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 150 g icing sugar
- 100 ml single cream
- grated lemon zest (to garnish)
- orange zest (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways and then cut each half into 1cm thin strips.
- Gently twist each strip a few times and place on a baking tray (you'll need two trays or to make two batches).
- Bake for 8-10mins or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking/cooling, boil the orange and lemon juices together and reduce until there is 2-3tbsp of juice remaining.
- Remove from the heat, add in the icing sugar and cream and stir well until the icing sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow bowl and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Dunk the pastry twists into the citrus glaze until they are well coated.
- Place on a wire cooling rack, sprinkle with the orange and lemon zest and leave to set.
- Eat them all up quick!