Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not very healthy but oh so very tasty! Mind you, my family loves anything that uses puff pastry so this was always going to be a winner! Best eaten on the day of baking.
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 150 g icing sugar
- 100 ml single cream
- grated lemon zest (to garnish)
- orange zest (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways and then cut each half into 1cm thin strips.
- Gently twist each strip a few times and place on a baking tray (you'll need two trays or to make two batches).
- Bake for 8-10mins or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking/cooling, boil the orange and lemon juices together and reduce until there is 2-3tbsp of juice remaining.
- Remove from the heat, add in the icing sugar and cream and stir well until the icing sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow bowl and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Dunk the pastry twists into the citrus glaze until they are well coated.
- Place on a wire cooling rack, sprinkle with the orange and lemon zest and leave to set.
- Eat them all up quick!