Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These little stickies are sure to just stick to your heart, stomach, hips, thighs, and maybe even for bum if you're lucky! lol. These are the prefect thing for girly get-to-gethers. Why? Because they are sticky! DUH!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry active yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the filling
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- Grease a deep 9-inch springform pan.
- Sift the flour and the cinnamon into a bowl, the rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs Stir in the sugar and yeast.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, beat the egg yolk with the water and milk, then stir into the dry mixture to make a soft dough Knead the dough on a lightly flour surface onto smooth, then roll the dough out into a rectangle measuring about 16 x 12-inches For the filling, brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar, chocolate chips and nuts Roll up the dough from one of the long sides like a jelly roll, then cut even in 12 thick slices.
- Pack close together in the pan, cut sides up.
- Cove and leave in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours, until springy to the touch.
- Mean while preheat the oven to 425F Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Brush with maple syrup while still warm.
- Pull swirls apart to serve.