Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe comes from an episode called Long Lazy Cooking with Dave Lieberman. So yummy! You may replace already brewed coffee for the instant coffee and water(1 1/3 cups).
- 1 cup butter, softened, plus more for pan (1 cup)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Heat coffee, water(or 1 1/3 cups already brewed coffee), and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often until chocolate has melted completely. Add the coffee chocolate mixture to creamed sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until well mixed, and then stir in vanilla extract. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and stir together with a fork until incorporated. A little at a time, beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Finally, fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Butter and lightly dust a bundt pan with flour. Pour the batter into pan and bake about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature on a rack before inverting. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve. Enjoy!