Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I found this recipe online. The idea here is that you put all the sauce ingredients in a freezer bag along with the chicken, freeze it, and then thaw it and dump it into a pan to cook. I find that premixing this sauce helps, though, as it is fairly thick. It's one of my favorites, with a somewhat Oriental flavor.
- 2 tablespoons oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (I use Adam's all-natural creamy peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (I use 5-6 pieces, depending on size, I find that thighs or hindquarters work best)
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Toss chicken with sauce and place into a large baking dish.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing:
- Combine sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Place sauce and chicken into a 1-gallon freezer bag.
- Shake to coat chicken.
- Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook:
- Thaw completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).