Recipe by Saturn
The original recipe was in "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry" by Janet and Greta Podleski. I have tweaked it a tiny bit for my family's tastes. We all loved this. It is a bit of a nuisance to have to pour off the sauce at the end there, but it is SO worth it! I love this served over white rice.
Top Review by Niesgirl
I changed to 4 chicken breasts instead of thighs. I baked at 375 for 1 hour. I added the cornstarch right in with the other ingredients and it was nice and thick when done. I LOVE THIS RECIPE and so does my family.
- 16 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (hickory flavoured is nice)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange chicken thighs in pan in single layer.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients (barbecue sauce through cumin) in a medium bowl. Pour evenly over chicken. Turn pieces to coat both sides with sauce. Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Carefully pour sauce from pan into a small pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Combine cornstarch with water and mix until smooth. Add to sauce. Cook until sauce is bubbly and thickened, about 1 minutes. Serve hot chicken with extra sauce on top.