Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a local supermarket winter promotional book. HAVE NOT included 30 minutes of marinating time in the cooking time. Please also note that the sauce is a sweet chilli sauce (could not get ZAAR to accept as an ingredient).
- Using a sharp knife, make a couple of cuts into the thickest part of each drumstick.
- Arrange drumsticks in a single layer in a glass or ceramic dish.
- Combine soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and garlic in a bowl and then rub over chicken.
- Place chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, and transfer drumsticks to the tray.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool chicken slightly before serving.
This chicken is delicious and so easy. I used the full amount of marinade for 5 chicken legs. The pan was lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. This kept the chicken from sticking and made for easy clean-up.
Delicious and so quick to put together! I marinated in an oven-proof glass dish that I transferred straight to the oven and served along with a basic fried rice. I spooned over some of the remaining marinade before serving which went wonderfully with the rice.
Made this tonight and my husband loved them. I marinated them all day in the sauce. I turned them every 10 minutes while they cooked, They were not dry on the outside at all. Thanks for this recipe!