Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a great way to do wings too. Truly finger licking good.
Top Review by ms.susan
YUMMY EVELYN! I halved the recipe to use with 3 bone in chicken breasts. They cooked in exactly one hour. I sprinkled the breasts with some toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onion.
It was so sinmple, easy and delicious...definitely a keeper!! Thanks!!
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in shallow baking dish.
- Arrange chicken in single layer, turning to coat well.
- Cover and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (190C).
- Uncover chicken, turn skin-side-down and roast, basting occasionally, until juices run clear, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken over ½ way through.