Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great way to do wings too. Truly finger licking good.
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
- Combine vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in shallow baking dish.
- Arrange chicken in single layer, turning to coat well.
- Cover and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (190C).
- Uncover chicken, turn skin-side-down and roast, basting occasionally, until juices run clear, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken over ½ way through.
YUMMY EVELYN! I halved the recipe to use with 3 bone in chicken breasts. They cooked in exactly one hour. I sprinkled the breasts with some toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onion.
It was so sinmple, easy and delicious...definitely a keeper!! Thanks!!
Everyone really enjoyed this. I used dried ginger as I was out of fresh but otherwise made it as written. I marinated frozen drumsticks for about 8 hours, then grilled them on the bbq. I boiled up the marinade, thickened it with a cornstarch slurry and brushed it on the chicken as it was grilling. Served with brown rice and salad. Yum! Thanks Evelyn..
these were really yummy. we actually used the marinade and then grilled the chicken, basting as directed. Will definately make again!