1/4 Photos of Sticky Chicken
I like to make the more cost-friendly chicken drumsticks in the same manner I use to make chicken wings. I bake them in the oven, then toss them in a tasty sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and place on a rack set over a baking dish; bake in oven until golden and cooked through, about 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of your drumsticks. NOTE: If they are large, you can cut slits on the underside along the bone so they cook faster and more thoroughly.
- 3Meanwhile, process the green bell pepper, onion, and water in a food processor until fairly smooth.
- 4In a saucepan, combine bell pepper mixture, ketchup, ponzu, and maple syrup; cook, covered over low heat until the bits of onion are softened, then continue cooking on low, with the cover off, until the sauce is thickened and will coat the back of your spoon.
- 5Stir in the sriracha, using more or less according to your taste.
- 6Once the chicken is done, pour the grease from the baking dish, add the chicken to the dish, then pour the sauce over top.
- 7Place in the oven about 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, to coat the chicken and heat through.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: