1/2 Photos of Sticky Chicken
From the latest edition of Recipe+ magazine, sound easy and delicious. Have not included marinating time but at least 30 minutes is recommended. They used chicken wings and drumsticks but other cuts could be used but times may vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 78.07 ml sweet chili sauce
- 78.07 ml char siu sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 9.85 ml ginger (finely grated)
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 2 kg chicken pieces (see note above)
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
- 59.14 ml coriander leaves (roughly torn)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- 2Combine tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, char sui sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil in a large glass or ceramic bowl (no metal), reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade (to be used for basting).
- 3Add chicken pieces to marinade for at least 30 minutes (longer is fine) in the refridgerator.
- 4Line a large roasting pan with baking paper and place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the prepared pan.
- 5Bake, basting the chicken with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until glazed and cooked.
- 6While the chicken is cooking combine the sesame seeds, coriander and green onion in a small bowl.
- 7Remove chicken from oven and put onto a serving platter and garnish with the sesame seeds, coriander and green onion mix and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.5
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 250.0 mg
- Sodium 396.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 62.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce
char siu sauce