Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe came from "What's for dinner" cookbook. Slow cooker easy meal.
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs skinless chicken
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together;.
- Rub chicken all over with mixture.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic zipping bag and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, sprinkle onion in the bottom of a slow cooker; place chicken on top.
- Heat on low setting for 8 hours.
This is my favorite recipe for chicken. I have been using it for months! I fixed it in the crockpot, but have also put a quartered onion inside the cavity of a chicken and baked it. I even used this mix of spices on pork and beef. Each time, I get favorable comments! I urge everyone to give this combo a try...so delicious! Thanks CookingMamma, for the great recipe!
For a crock pot dinner this was easy to prepare. I followed the recipe just as it was written and was surprised to find that it did not require any sort of liquid to add to the chicken in the crock pot. But the chicken cooked nicely without any additional liquid. We found that the chicken turned out too salty for our tastes. When preparing this again, I will only add 1 teaspoon of salt instead of 4 teaspoons for the chicken rub. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2008.