Donna S.'s Note:
This recipe is great when you find whole chickens on sale. I will often double this recipe (making 2 chickens) and freeze the meat for future dishes or chicken salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- 2Remove giblets from chicken. Dry the chicken (interior and exterior) with paper towels so the spice mix will stick.
- 3Rub the spice mixture over the chicken and inside the cavity. Make sure that it is evenly distributed.
- 4Put chicken into a large sized storage bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 5When ready to roast chicken, stuff the cavity with chopped onions.
- 6Place in shallow 9x13 baking dish lined with foil. Roast uncovered at 250 degrees for 5 hours.
- 7After first hour, baste the chicken every 30 minutes with pan juices.
- 8Let chicken rest so that juices distribute before carving.
- 9NOTES: I often will bring whole chickens home from the grocery store. Season them according to this recipes directions, place them in a freezer storage bag and put right into the freezer. Then when I want to make Sticky Chicken, its already seasoned and marinates while thawing. Another thing I do is make a bunch of the seasoning mix and put into a spice jar. This is a big time saver and its ready to use when I want to make this recipe.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 1618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g