Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has only 4 ingredients and is not an Asian recipe. Used to use the same one for years but found it again on RecipeLand.com
- 8 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces French dressing or 8 ounces Russian salad dressing
- 12 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in pan that just fits the breasts without too much overlapping.
- Mix other ingredients well and pour evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour. Check after 45 minutes and if chicken is getting too brown, place foil tent over it for the last 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
5 stars for simple/few ingredients and ease of preparation/cooking. I like the fact that the ingredients are easily kept on hand. I used boneless skinless chicken tenders which trimmed the cook time to 20-25 minutes and cooked them in my toaster oven. I love the sauce and agree with Pizza Mama that it is like a sweet/sour sauce. Be sure to cook enough for leftovers :) Thanks Manami!
This was very good-almost like a sweet/sour. Even the picky 5-year old liked it! Thanks!