Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Just found this, torn from a magazine who knows when !!
- 2 pineapple, small, ripe, tops removed
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped cream, to serve
- Cut pineapple into 2 cm thick wedges.
- Combine syrup, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over pineapple, let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat BBQ grill on medium heat.
- Cook 3 minutes each side or till golden.
- Serve with cream.
Had this for dessert tonight and all I have to say is... you had me at maple syrup (I'm a good Canadian, eh?) Made for ZWT 9
Grilling pineapple is a wonderful thing! I just wish my coals had been hotter. Delicious anyway & the family was thrilled. Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.
Reviewed for ZWT7- great pineapple. We used small sweet new season pineapples and served with thick yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Photo also to be posted