1 hr 10 mins
This is my adaptation of a recipe I found on food.com by Thereasa / Thinderbird. I love this as its easy to cook and the results are amazing. Great served cold for a picnic / lunch box but make sure you have loads of baby wipes to hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Pre-heat oven to 190c.
- 22. Place Chicken Wings in a large roasting tin and cook for 20mins. Make up the sauce in a large bowl (see the next stage as to why it needs to be a large bowl) with all the ingredients, except the flour and cornflour, and put to one side.
- 33. Take the Wings out of the oven and lay out a layer or two of kitchen roll on to your kitchen counter, take the wings out of the tin and place on the kitchen roll and lightly pat to get rid of excess fat. Pour away the excess fat from the roasting tin and put the flour in a large food bag or bowl, adding the Wings so that they each get a light coating of flour (they do not need to be caked in flour, just a light coating will do). Then add the flour coated wings to the bowl containing the sauce and mix around so that all the wings get coated. Then return to the roasting tin and put back in the oven.
- 44. Every 10mins take the wings back out, baste them with the sauce, and turn them over to cook on the opposite side. Do this for 40 minutes.
- 55. If after 40 mins the sauce still hasn't caramelised, mix the cornflour into a paste with a little water, remove the wings from the sauce and throughly mix the cornflour paste into the sauce. Return the wings to the tin and cook for a further 10mins.
- 66. You should now have a thick jam-like layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan. Get a large slotted spoon and mix the wings around thoroughly in the sauce, being careful not to break them apart, as they will now be fall off the bone succulent. Sprinkle on the Sesame seeds And mix around one final time before serving.
- 9The quantity of sauce in this recipe is for a generous coating of sauce on each wing, so if you only want a light coating, either use 3 lb of wings or halve the sauce.
- 10This recipe would also work really well with pork ribs.
- 11In my opinion these wings are even better cold than hot - prepare the night before a picnic for a yummy treat that all your friends will be envious of! ( make sure you take some baby wipes though as they sure are sticky & messy! Yum!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Caramelised Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1701.2
- Calories from Fat 775
- Total Fat 86.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 349.5 mg
- Sodium 4698.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 127.6 g
- Protein 92.1 g