Recipe by grandma2969
this is from a recipe flyer that came in with a recent order from there...they sell this awesome sticky bun sugar...this recipe makes 16 terrific sticky buns...you will need 1/2 cup of sticky bun sugar for each recipe
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sticky bun sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all of the ingredients to form a soft dough.Knead the dough till smooth and supple, using your hands, a mixer or a bread machine. Put the dough into a greased bowl and turn to coat, cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- SHAPING AND FILLING:.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured or oiled work surface, and roll it into a 16x12" rectangle. Spread the dough with 2 tbls soft butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the butter.starting with a long edge, roll the dough into a 16" log. Slice the dough into 16 pieces.
- Spread the melted butter in an 11" square pan, 14" round pan or two 9" round pans. Sprinkle the nuts over the butter. Combine sticky bun sugar and brown sugar and sprinkle evenly into the pans. Place the buns into the prepared pans, cut side down. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the buns to rise till doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake the sticky buns in a preheated 375* oven for 20-25 minutes. Tent them with aluminum foil for the final 15 minutes to prevent over-browning. Remove the buns from the oven and invert them onto a cooling rack or plate. Scrape any of the topping in the pan onto the buns.
- Yield 16 sticky buns.