Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pain 8-10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together melted butter and next 2 ingredients.
- Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful butter mixture into each cup of 2 lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, and top each with 1 rounded teaspoonful pecans.
- Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together pumpkin, next 2 ingredients, and 2/3 cup water; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling ¾ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert pan immediately to remove muffins, and arrange muffins on a wire rack.
- Spoon any topping remaining in muffin cups over muffins.
- Let cool 5 minutes.