Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an old BBC Food magazine
Make and share this Sticky Bacon & Sweet Potato Jackets recipe from Food.com.
- Pierce skin of potatoes.
- Microwave on High for 10 - 12 minutes till soft, turn them over halfway.
- Halve potatoes lengthways.
- Scoop 1/3 of flesh out and place in mixing bowl.
- Place potato skins on baking sheet.
- Chop bacon into chunky pieces and fry in oil till cooked.
- Add to bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon this mixture back into potato skins.
- Grill till heated through and golden.
I made this just for me for lunch and my potatoe weighed about 200 grams and I cooked in the oven as I was cooking something else and also cooked the the bacon in the oven adding it to the tray part the way through cooking the potato and then adding it later with the potato and I also used a sugar free maple syrup and well topped with some grated cheese (tasty/cheddar) and under the grill/broiler just before serving, a great lunch with a garden salad., Thank you katew, made for Make This Recipe, Edition 11.
very tasty! even the kids ate it :) my potato skins fell apart, so I mixed all the ingredients and reheated in a muffin pan. I topped mine with a little sour cream, very good! made for Aussie swap feb 2012
I cut the number of sweet potatoes back to 2 because they were kinda big, but left the rest of the ingredient amounts the same, & that actually made enough for 4 servings! One other change I made was to use 1/4 cup of Hormel's Real Bacon Pieces & that worked out wonderfully! Loved the taste of these SPs & will be making them again this coming Saturday when my son & DIL will be here for a belated Thanksgiving dinner (although I'll have to leave the bacon out of those 2 vegetarians)! Thanks so much for this great keeper! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]