Great for football parties when you don't want a spicy
Make and share this Sticky Asian Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken wings, Sliced into winglets and tips discarded
- powdered ginger
- garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Pre Heat Broiler.
- Season winglets with ginger, garlic salt, and pepper and lay out on a broiler pan. Tip: Line the pan with foil for easy clean up.
- Pour 1/4 Cup water into broiler pan.
- Cook winglets directly under broiler for appx 7 minutes per side. You want them nice and brown, even a little crispy is good.
- While they are cooking, prepare sauce in a large pan on the stove by heating the chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and corn starch.
- When chicken is browned, add to pan with sauce and stir to coat well.
- Cover and simmer for appx 15 min, stirring occasionally. Sauce should thicken and coat the wings well.
- Serve with rice to make a meal or they are great alone as an appetizer.