Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple but delicious Spanish appetizer.
- 1 (8 ounce) packet breadsticks
- 3 ounces orange blossom honey
- 4 ounces serrano ham, in thin slices (or jamon serrano)
- Cut the ham slices into pieces about one inch wide.
- Dip the tips of the bread sticks into the honey (about 2 inches deep) and drain.
- Wrap the ham around the sticks beginning at the tip, overlapping it like a bandage.
Very nice. I made this for 2 (half recipe) for my husband and I to share as a snack. Rather than breadsticks, I used barley rusks and spread them lightly with the honey before layering the serrano on top. The sweet of the honey and the salty-sweet pull of the ham was glorious.
These were nice. We had them as appetizers when my inlaws came for dinner today. They were very tasty, but the only problem with them was that the honey 'melted' and ran down the sticks forming a pool in the bottom of the bowl. It could have been because I used too much honey, perhaps. Make sure there are serviettes around, but the taste is worth it! Thanks MarraMamba!
Perfect quick snack. Made half recipe and served with the last of the cherry tomatoes from the yard. They sell something called a pretzel log and am thinking of trying in place of breadsticks. DH liked the way they looked liked that he could pick them up and eat as he worked. Thanks so much for the post.