Recipe by CraftScout
So I went searching for interesting quick authentic (flavored, anyway) tapas recipes to test out. Did I find a winner! Great for any tapas party, but you have to tell people they can eat the stick! :) (A word of financial warning: jamon serrano is THE most expensive thing at my deli. You could substitute less expensive prosciutto, but the flavor is different.)
Top Review by joanna_giselle
This was very nice with the Serrano ham and honey complementing each other nicely. I used a brush to apply the honey lightly and evenly and used grissini bread sticks. My only complaint is that they need to be made last minute and eaten quickly for the best results.
- 3 ounces of very thin breadsticks
- 3 ounces orange blossom honey
- 4 ounces jamon iberico or 4 ounces jamon serrano, thinly slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the ham slices into strips about 1 inch wide.
- Dip the tips of the bread sticks into the honey (about 2 inches deep) and drain.
- Wrap the ham around the sticks beginning at the tip, overlapping it like a bandage.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.