Recipe by AlainaF
Stickies are made up of the bits of dough left over after you've made a pie. If you haven't made a pie and want to have a little sweet pastry anyway, here's how:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, plus
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 -5 teaspoons ice water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour and salt together.
- Cut in the 1/2 cup margarine with the ice water.
- Roll out like you would a pie crust.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
- You can use honey or maple syrup, but it will be messier and even stickier, if that is possible.
- Dot with the 3 tablespoons margarine, and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
- Roll up into a thick roll like a cigar.
- Slice the roll into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the slices close together on a cookie sheet, so they won't come apart.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Take these out of the pan while they are still warm or they will stick badly.