Recipe by Sharon123
Yum! A filling and tasy soup you will love, that's also low fat! From Perfect Food, a weight watchers magazine.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Delicious stick to your ribs soup. I used extra lean ground beef and cooked it in some unrefined extra virgin olive oil. I didn't need to drain it because it was so lean. I used mainly V8 juice plus some tomato juice from the canned tomatoes for which I used a good brand of whole plum tomatoes I chopped myself, garlic salt with no additional salt, freshly ground black pepper, dried marjoram in place of dried thyme because of dislike for the latter. I used beef broth left over from simmering cabbage rolls that had beef in them. I forgot to add the pasta we enjoyed it very much without. I would make this again.
- 453.59 g ground round
- 1182.95 ml water
- 946.36 ml chopped green cabbage (about a pound)
- 59.14 ml chopped carrot (optional)
- 59.14 ml chopped celery (optional)
- 828.06 ml tomato juice or 828.06 ml V8 vegetable juice
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 3 (1275.72 g) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (822.13 g) can nonfat beef broth
- 226.79 g uncooked angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in a 12 quart Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain well, and return to pan.
- Add water and the rest of the ingredients, except the angel hair pasta, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Break the pasta in half; stir into soup, and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes until pasta is done.