Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderfully earthy, rich, mushroom sauce. I first served it with broiled Spencer steaks and poured the steak drippings in the sauce. It's actually hearty enough to eat without meat, over potatoes or noodles. Enjoy
- Place olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in pan.
- Over med/high heat, sauté shallots until wilted.
- Add garlic, lightly sauté.
- Add mushrooms, sauté until wilted.
- Add wine and beef broth.
- Cook until broth is reduced by 1/2-2/3 (depends on how thick you want the sauce) Add cream, stir until thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
This was sooo delicious! I made this sauce and poured over portabello mushrooms. I followed the recipe except that I only used 1 shallot, cooking sherry, a small portabello mushroom chopped, and doubled the heavy cream. I also used this for the steak I served with dinner. This was a huge hit with my husband. He even used a piece of bread to soak up any left on his plate. WONDERFUL!!!
Excellent! If you love mushrooms, you will adore this intensely flavored rich cream sauce. I made the recipe as directed using sliced (not chopped) Cremini mushrooms and Burgundy wine.I served this with BBQ grilled steaks, Carrots Piedmontese #24156 and Great Greek Green Beans #71244. This sauce would dress up even the plainest entree and turn it into a festive dinner dish. Thanks, Jan Marie.