Jan Marie's Note:
This is a wonderfully earthy, rich, mushroom sauce. I first served it with broiled Spencer steaks and poured the steak drippings in the sauce. It's actually hearty enough to eat without meat, over potatoes or noodles. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in pan.
- 2Over med/high heat, sauté shallots until wilted.
- 3Add garlic, lightly sauté.
- 4Add mushrooms, sauté until wilted.
- 5Add wine and beef broth.
- 6Cook until broth is reduced by 1/2-2/3 (depends on how thick you want the sauce) Add cream, stir until thickened.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Garnish with chopped parsley.
- 9Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stick to Your Ribs Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g