Recipe by superbuna
This tasty side dish is easy to put together, cooks quickly, and can be served hot, cold, or at room temperature. Recipe was given me by a sweet friend who I worked with many years ago.
Top Review by Dissie
This was so easy, but so darn good! I didn't have the fresh parsley, so added dried. I really love stewed tomatoes as a side dish. Adding in the zucchini is just an added bonus! Thanks for such a great recipe! I did add in 1/2 tsp of sugar to give it that sweet stewed tomato taste I am more familiar with. (It was good on its own however) I might add in chopped celery next time when sauteeing the veggies. Thanks, and as you can see, you can add things in to this recipe to make it your own! I will make this dish again and again.
- 3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices and cubed (about 6 ounces)
- 5 finely minced garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 lb tomatoes, skinned and diced or 1 lb canned tomato, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan and saute pepper, onion, zucchini and garlic until onion is wilted.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, uncovered, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then turn up heat to reduce liquid.
- Stew should be thick, not soupy.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.