Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Another recipe from Vogue Entertaining.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Nice combination of vegetables but the flavour was a bit strong in dried oregano, maybe less fresh would be better? I used a good organic olive oil, organic yellow onion, organic garlic cloves, no tomatoes but additional tasty tomato paste, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, organic yellow beans from our local weekly organic fresh produce basket, and organic white potatoes which I peeled and cut into chunks. I won't make this again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 kg yellow beans, topped and tailed
- 700 g potatoes, quartered (peeled optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in saucepan and fry all ingredients except beans and potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and potatoes stirring well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover mixture and simmer for 45 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot or cold.