Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Excellent way to use extra garden tomatoes. Very tasty and good for you!
Make and share this Stewed Tomatoes With Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 zucchini
- 1 green pepper
- 1 teaspoon romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel tomatoes by placing in boiling water for a few minutes and then putting them in ice water. The skins will peel off easily.
- Chop tomatoes and put in pot (with juice.
- Cut zucchini into coins and cut the coins in half.
- Chop onion and green pepper.
- Combine all ingredients, except the cheese, in pot with tomatoes.
- Cook uncovered about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, stir and serve.
This was SO good! I'd never eated stewed tomatoes as a side before, just the canned variety in tomato sauces. I didn't use sugar or the cheese, but this was such a tasty dish that it is the perfect solution for extra summer tomatoes. Thanks, luv2makesoup!