Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick dish I came up with at the last minute when we had a very limited selection in the pantry to choose from.
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 4 garlic cloves
- fresh basil
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cut the garlic cloves in half, not too small.
- Pour oil in a small heated pot and add the garlic. Let simmer until the garlic becomes somewhat soft, but do not let the garlic brown too much--you want it to become almost clear.
- Add cayenne pepper to the oil to taste.
- Chop zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour tomatoes into a frying pan with a very small amount of oil; let it simmer and add zucchini.
- Begin cooking the linguini.
- Add parsley, fresh basil and salt & pepper to the tomatoes.
- Strain the garlic from the oil and add only the garlic to the tomatoes.
- The tomatoes should only be on the burner for about 15 minutes total.
- When the pasta is done, mix the oil and pasta together.
- Serve tomato/zucchini mixture over pasta and top with Romano cheese.