Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A real tasty side dish. This is a man's kind of thing, but I like it too.
- 1 quart tomatoes, peeled (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups corn (fresh is best)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup oleo
- Cook tomatoes with chopped onions, sugar,salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Add corn and cook very gently for another 10 minutes.
- Test corn; if done, add oleo and serve.
- If not, cook gently another few minutes till ready.