This comes from the South Beach Diet Book. I have not made this. Am posting in reply to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To peel tomatoes: Cut a small, shallow X into the bottom of each tomato.
- 2Place into boiling water for 1 minute and then immediately plunge into ice water.
- 3Remove, dry and peel skin.
- 4Chop tomatoes.
- 5Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 6Heat over medium high until hot.
- 7Add the celery, bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- 8Saute for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 9Add the chopped tomatoes, vinegar and black pepper.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Tomatoes and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g