Recipe by dicentra
From Eden Foods. I served this over cous cous, but it would also be great over some brown rice or quinoa. Add some red pepper flakes if you want more kick.
Top Review by evening
Yum, Easy, tasty recipe for a side dish or a main dish. I served it tonight as a side with meatloaf and a green salad. I did add a couple of dashes of red pepper flakes and sprinkled each serving with Parmesan. Will be great as a vegetarian main dish. A good recipe for making variations. Add a little corn or sliced sausage or fresh spinach and on and on.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced in half lengthwise, and then thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, do not drain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)