1/1 Photo of Stewed Tomatoes and Dumplings
Another recipe from Marsha Adams. These puffy light dumplings are simmered in stewed tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1In medium saucepan, melt butter and saute the onion, pepper, celery, and bay leaf for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the undrained tomatoes and seasonings and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Cut the butter into the flour with a fork until it resembles course meal.
- 5Add the egg, milk, and parsley and stir gently until a soft dough forms, do not overmix.
- 6Drop by tablespoons into simmering tomatoes.
- 7Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 8Do not lift the lid while the dumplings are cooking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Tomatoes and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 577.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g